Headwaters and the Sisters of Charity - FULL
This walk is full. Names will be taken for a wait list.
This is Part III of The Headwaters History Series.
In 1897, George Brackenridge sold his 280 acre estate to the visionary Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word. From there the Sisters developed their now robust ministries in education, medicine, and community service. Come visit the Headwaters Sanctuary at Incarnate Word—the last 53 undeveloped acres of the original homestead—and learn about the Sisters’ legacy and relationship with the Headwaters of the San Antonio River. Alex Scott Antram, Executive Director, Headwaters at Incarnate Word will lead the walk.