Registration includes textbooks and other materials, snacks, and a special guided tour of the Blue Hole, head of the San Antonio River!
To register or for more information contact:
210.828.2224, ext 232
Learn to share conservation with young children: Professional Development for anyone who works with young children. 2 CEUs. $20
Starting Out WILD was developed in the San Antonio Parks by Project WILD Facilitators and Alamo Area Master Naturalists for children ages 1-3 years. It is inspired by Growing Up WILD but addresses the learning needs of younger children.
The SOW program is based on these principles:
- The love of nature needs to accompany growing up from the earliest age.
- Teaching must engage both children and parents.
- Learning will spiral, moving from tolerating and participating, to acquiring nature concepts and vocabulary over the three year span.
- Activities should facilitate children’s experiences through movement and using all their senses.
- Familiar analogs of unfamiliar concepts and vocabulary are provided.
- Providing an emotionally comfortable environment is the starting point